Element is a natural, anti-inflammatory drink that aims to restore essential nutrients and minerals that our body requires to function using the composition of Deep Ocean Water. We are so excited that we are finally able to share Element with the world. Through our own research and other research conducted around the world, we have found some amazing health benefits associated with the consumption of Deep Ocean Water! In this blog, we summarise some of the major health benefits that you will find with Element and Deep Ocean Water.
Deep Ocean Water has been shown to have therapeutic potential for bone strength and health. In a study conducted by Liu et al (2013)1, the consumption of Deep Ocean Water taken daily over a period of four months was shown to increase osteoblast activity in the body1. Osteoblasts are cells in the body that are responsible for bone formation and strength, and thus reducing bone loss and degenerative lesions1. Element contains a number of trace minerals and elements in high concentrates that are essential for increased osteoblast activity.
- Magnesium and calcium are though to regulate bone metabolism, where a low magnesium/calcium intake can lead to a reduction in bone mass2
- Boron and strontium are also essential for bone strength, as they also assist in bone metabolism as well as bone regeneration!2
Deep Ocean Water has been shown to improve the rate of recovery from physical muscular fatigue after an extended exercise session2. The components of Element help complement the many different cellular and molecular interactions that occur in the body as a result of physical fatigue3.
- Boron assists with controlling the rise of lactate production (a known cause of muscular fatigue) with exercise, minimising the loss of magnesium in the session3.
- As a result, muscle strength recovers more quickly3, as magnesium levels in the blood and dietary magnesium have a correlation to muscle strength.
- Element also contains sodium and potassium, which both form a pump which is responsible for the production of energy in the body.
Deep Ocean Water has been shown to improve heart health and protect us from potential cardiovascular problems and diseases4. A shortage of magnesium supply in the body has been proven as a link to cardiovascular disease2.
- The combination of magnesium, calcium, sodium and potassium (which are all prevalent in Element and Deep Ocean Water) help regulate low-density lipoprotein (LDL) production, which will help to reduce total cholesterol (TC) and triglyceride (TG) levels in the body4.
- A low LDL level is known to lower the associated risk of heart disease
Maintaining the body’s mineral balance is vital to help maintain skin vitality5. Sodium and potassium help to maintain the acidic and alkali balance of the body, something that is commonly lost in people with skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis.